Thursday, September 10, 2009

NFL Predictions - Week 1


As I sat in the last of my afternoon classes today, it hit me that I needed to do some severe redeeming of my reputation after my less-than-stellar, mid-season MLB predictions (I made them at the All-Star break and trust me, I couldn't be more off). So, of course, what better way to slowly pick myself up off the ground than to throw out some NFL predictions. No, I'm not foolish enough to attempt to forecast what the final standings and playoff picture is going to look like on this, September 10. No, no, no. I said "slowly pick myself up off the ground" for a reason.


I'm going week by week. Game by game. And I'm dumbing it down. Every week, I'm going to give you the winners of each game. No lines. No spreads. No scores. No top performers. Nothing fancy. Just winners. In addition, I'm going to give you one predicted upset and one predicted blowout. Because let's face it: every week some team pulls off the unthinkable (or conversely, lays an egg) just to piss us die-hard forecasters off. Yes, meteorology majors, this job is suitable for you, too. All that said, here goes Opening Week. Where's Matt Hasslebeck's head when you need a rub?

Steelers over Titans
Falcons over Dolphins
Ravens over Chiefs
Panthers over Eagles
Bengals over Broncos
Vikings over Browns
Texans over Jets
Colts over Jaguars
Saints over Lions
Cowboys over Buccaneers
Cardinals over 49ers
Packers over Bears
Patriots over Bills
Chargers over Raiders

UPSET SPECIAL: Redskins over Giants
SO UGLY, I CAN'T LOOK AWAY: Seahawks over Rams

1 comment:

  1. A. I think you need to write for this more often

    B. I agree with all your picks except Redskins over Giants and obviously I think the Dolphins will take down the Falcons (wishful thinking on my part?... perhaps)

    Paul aka Luscious Juggernaut

    ReplyDelete