Thursday, October 1, 2009

NFL Predictions - Week 4 (and Week 3 in review)

I still haven't come down from my high off of "Favre to Lewis." What an unbelievable finish at the Metrodome on Sunday. And for all of you Favre-haters who too hastily deemed him an old, injury-prone has-been, please recognize. The missing piece is in place for my Vikings, and Favre, more importantly, is back and better than ever.

Once again, Week 3 netted me 11 correct picks and 5 incorrect, a pattern I hope to break for the better this weekend. In my best Elvis Presley voice, I say, "Thank you, thank you very much," for the Lions over Redskins selection. Other things of note: it is now officially a bad idea to pick against the Saints and Bengals, which I did this past week. Buffalo and Pittsburgh (respectfully) had good chances against them playing at home, but Nawlins and Cincy are for real. Finally, the Texans lost my mother and me close to $2000 in an online suicide pool after losing a barnburner to Jacksonville (come on, a game they DEFINITELY should have won). But hey, at the same time the seconds were ticking away in that game, Greg Lewis pulled in a game-winning touchdown pass out in Minneapolis. So, eh, all is good.

Oh baby, Week 4 proves to be a good'un. And it will end just how it should: Packers at Vikings on Monday Night Football.

Fourteen games this weekend because of the bye week; let's pick 'em....

Last week: 11-5
Overall: 33-15

Bears over Lions
Bengals over Browns
Texans over Raiders
Colts over Seahawks
Titans over Jaguars
Ravens over Patriots
Redskins over Buccaneers
Bills over Dolphins
Saints over Jets
49ers over Rams
Steelers over Chargers
Vikings over Packers

UPSET SPECIAL: Broncos over Cowboys
SO UGLY, I CAN'T LOOK AWAY: Giants over Chiefs





No comments:

Post a Comment