Saturday, October 17, 2009

NFL Predictions - Week 6 (and Week 5 in review)

Just count on me to pick 11 games correctly this week. Seriously. I have now proven to be pretty consistent. The rotten Browns spoiled my chance at a 12-2 Week 5 though, with their touchdown-less victory over the Bills. And while we're on the Bills, I would highly recommend Googling "Bills billboard" and checking out the top hits. Talk about Buffalonians wanting to drive Jauron out of town...trust me, this will do it. Something about an unemployed college student from upstate New York spending his free time fundraising to publicly bash Buffalo's most prized sporting franchise...I've got goosebumps.

Anyway, I know I use "(insert surprising team here) is for real" a lot - especially this season - but along with the Vikings and Broncos, let me now add the Bengals to the list. As if their 4-1 record should come as a surprise. They've beaten the world champs and were an "immaculate deflection" away from an undefeated season. Brandon Stokley doesn't visit Cincinnati much nowadays. Look for a barn burner this week vs. Houston though. In other news, the birth of Miles Austin proved to be the Chiefs' downfall last week. So close to one hell of an upset special pick...if I do say so myself. I'd Austin's playing time should see an - uh - increase perhaps?

Final thought: Jack del Rio - the first midseason head coach canning of '09? Think about it. Here are my pix for Week Six:

Last week: 11-3
Overall: 55-21

Bengals over Texans
Packers over Lions
Vikings over Ravens
Saints over Giants
Steelers over Browns
Buccaneers over Panthers
Redskins over Chiefs
Seahawks over Cardinals
Patriots over Titans
Jets over Bills
Falcons over Bears
Broncos over Chargers



UPSET SPECIAL: Rams over Jaguars
SO UGLY, I CAN'T LOOK AWAY: Eagles over Raiders

No comments:

Post a Comment